A number of IHS Press writers and their books will be featured at the Indiana Historical Society's fifth annual Holiday Author Fair from noon to 4 p.m. on Saturday, December 1, 2007, at the Indiana History Center, 450 W. Ohio St., Indianapolis.
The Holiday Author Fair is the largest book signing gathering for Indiana-related material, featuring more than 90 “Hoosier” authors. Books include works of fiction, non-fiction, cookbooks, photography, history, children’s books and more. Visitors can converse with authors, have books signed and enjoy refreshments and live entertainment.
This year’s event includes special appearances by renowned gospel singer and prolific author Gloria Gaither as well as screenwriter Angelo Pizzo, whose films Hoosiers and Rudy have inspired millions. Featured authors also include Philip Gulley, James Alexander Thom, Jim Madison, Lou Harry, and Dick Wolfsie.
IHS Press authors and their books at the Holiday Author Fair include:
* M. Teresa Baer and Geneil Breeze, Finding Indiana Ancestors: A Guide to Historical Research
* Ray Boomhower, Fighting for Equality: A Life of May Wright Sewall
* Fred Cavinder, Indiana Book of Trivia
* Earl Conn, My Indiana: 101 Places to See
* George Geib and Donald Kite Sr., Federal Justice in Indiana
* Ralph Gray, Meredith Nicholson: A Writing Life
* Linda Gugin and James E. St. Clair, The Governors of Indiana
* Mary Blair Immel, Captured! A Boy Trapped in the Civil War
* Jim McGarrah, A Temporary Sort of Peace: A Memoir of Vietnam
* Ellen Munds and Beth Millett, The Scenic Route: Stories from the Heartland
* Ashley Ransburg, Evie Finds Her Family Tree
* Julie Young, A Belief in Providence: A Life of Saint Theodora Guerin
There is no admission charge for this event, and free parking is available in the Indiana History Center’s surface lot (corner of New York and West Streets). The Basile History Market will also offer complimentary gift wrapping on books and other purchases, such as music, Indiana-made household products, jewelry, original art, handmade textiles, children’s merchandise, reproductions from the IHS collection and more.